Kitty Rose Purse- zippered hobo bag sewing pattern
Sew your own purse with this digital download, a PDF sewing pattern that you can download and print from your home computer.
The Kitty Rose Purse, an original Toriska pattern, is a sewing pattern for a stylish hobo bag in three sizes. This purse pattern has plenty of pockets and a zippered top. See picture 5 for materials required and fabric recommendations. This pattern is best for intermediate sewers who are comfortable with zippers. Diagrams and a photo tutorial are included.
There are also instructions for several different types of interior pockets so that you can get just the right pocket configuration inside and out. There are two different top zipper options.
The pattern comes in a file that includes the pattern instructions and Small, Medium, and Large pattern pieces. Check out the Blog entry showing more tester pics and feedback.
DIMENSIONS: Small: 9” (23cm) long, 5.5” (14cm) tall, 3” (7.5cm) deep, approximately 11” (28cm) purse drop* Medium: 12.5” (32cm) long, 8” (20cm) tall, 4.5” (11.5cm) deep, approx. 13” (33cm) purse drop* Large: 16” (40.5cm) long, 9” (23cm) tall, 6” (15cm) deep, approx. 15” (38cm) purse drop* *strap length is customizable
MATERIALS REQUIRED: (See last picture for exact amounts) - Exterior fabric, interior fabric - Fusible Fleece interfacing - Lightweight woven fusible interfacing - foam interfacing - two handbag zippers for exterior, 1 zipper for interior -(2) 1.25-1.5" (32-38mm) O, D, or rectangular rings
This pattern includes 36 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. There are 9 pages for the Small pattern, 14 for the medium, and 19 pages for the Large purse. Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters. This can be printed on Letter or A4 paper.
YES! You may sell items made from this pattern. No, you may not distribute the actual pattern, I own it, copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved.
- zippered hobo bag pattern for intermediate sewers
- three sizes, two types of zipper closure
- measurements in inches/centimeters
- prints on Letter size and A4
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior fabric 2/3 yd - 1 yd
- Interior fabric 2/3 yd - 1 yd
- Fusible fleece interfacing 1/2 yd - 3/4 yd
- Woven fusible interfacing 1 1/3 yds - 2 yds
- foam interfacing 15”x20” (38x51cm) - 30”x20” (76x51cm)
- Zippers (small size) 9" or 11" for top, 9" for exterior side, 6" for interior; (medium size) 10" or 12" for top, 12" for exterior side, 8" for interior; (large size) 12" or 14" for top, 14" for exterior side, 8" for interior
- (2) 1.25”-1.5” (32mm-38mm) Rings (O, D, or rectangular)
- free arm sewing machine and zipper foot
- pins or clover clips
I'm Tori of Toriska Bags. I sell both handmade clutch purses and PDF sewing patterns. When I'm not sewing purses I am sewing clothes for myself and my four children or reading a book.