KlapPack rucksack (sewing instructions and pattern)
Sewing instructions and pattern in 2 sizes as a PDF-E-Book for a rucksack KlapPack with a large, practical flap opening.
A small rucksack for nursery and a medium-sized rucksack for day trips? Whether for sport, a weekend at Granny’s, for a change of clothes, for holidays or travelling ... customise your KlapPack to suit your requirements. The large flap covering the main compartment can be easily opened with two zips and offers plenty of space for your favourite patterned fabric, appliqué, cutting files or embroidery files. The extra inside pocket is perfect for colouring books, magazines and books. You can sew small pockets, mesh pockets or even large pockets for drinks bottles on the outside of the bag. The KlapPack rucksack is ideal for young children, older children and adults too!
Cork, leather, denim, canvas, cotton or even plush fabric? Everything is possible. Difficulty level: Beginner / advanced (Depending on the material you use! Leather and cork are harder to sew around the corners than thin cotton fabric.)
PDF eBooks from shesmile: These simple, step-by-step instructions feature lots of photos and are even suitable for beginners. There are detailed photos to accompany you every step of the way.
Hashtags: #rucksackklappack #shesmile
Size: small: 20 x 24 x 13 cm, medium: 25 x 32 x 15 cm
Time required: 4 - 5 hours
- 23 pages of sewing instructions with lots of pictures
- 9 and 7 pages of patterns in 2 sizes
- 13 pages with ideas and inspiration from pattern testing.
Materials you need at home:
- Outer and inner fabric, outer fabric for the base, fusible interfacing, binding, 2 zip fasteners, press studs to fasten the flap, strap, matching thread, D-ring buckles or rucksack clamping buckles.
- For the pattern a printer that can print A4 paper, scissors, adhesive strips.
- For the sewing pins / clips, fabric scissors / rotary cutter, tailor’s chalk / marking pen, sewing machine with straight stitch, iron, turning rod, lighter, small zipper foot (optional) (or needle set to move to the left)
- The eBook contains the precise dimensions and extra tips.
What others have made
Simple. Creative. Sewing & crafting with shesmile.
Hello! I am Elisabeth Steger, digital media designer and screen printer. I live together with my two daughters and my husband in Siebeneichen, a beautiful village in Bavaria, Germany. I have been coming up with new ideas for DIY crafts under my label shesmile since my first period of maternity leave in 2013. My easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions come with lots of photos for each step of the process and are ideal for beginners.
Why not take a look at my blog: www.hello.shesmile.de
Being creative means everything to me. shesmile was founded back in 2007. I started out in layout & design in the print and non-print sector, before adding DIY patterns and bright, colourful illustrations.
PLEASE NOTE: You are permitted to sell up to 10 items per year if I am named as the owner of the pattern. (© Pattern by shesmile) Details: www.lizenzrechte.shesmile.de