- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement
- 3 sizes (8x8 inches, 9x9 inches and 12x13 inches)
- Suitable for Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 100 yards 1/2-inch cotton piping cord (also called piping filler cord or welting cord)
- size 36 (20 mm) circular needle or a set of size 35 (19 mm) straight needles
- Fabric glue, such as Fabri-Tac (optional)
- Clear tape to keep ends from fraying
This pattern shows you how to knit a basket with thick cotton rope, where to get the materials, and how to alter the dimensions to make baskets in different sizes and shapes.
Difficulty: Easy. The pattern uses a basic garter stitch. And because the rope is so thick, you only need a few stitches per row!
You can always use the pattern as a starting point and substitute your own materials. I've seen people make these out of old climbing rope or other types of rope/cord.
Wielder of giant knitting needles at Cara Corey Designs. Mom of two littles living in California.