- in cm
- in inches
- in yards
- in meters
Materials you need at home:
- Circular Needles with a length of 60 cm in size 6 (US), 8 (UK), 4 mm
- - Circular knitting needle 4 (US), 9 (UK) = 3.5 mm with a length of 60 cm / 24 inch
- Cable needle
- Yarn with yarn weight sport / 4 ply
Sweater Brenda is beautiful piece of clothing with a beautiful Celtic braid cable on the front and the back. I have knitted this sweater with a mix of cotton, merino and alpaca (Lana Grossa - Ecopuno), which is more suitable for spring and fall. If you would change the yarn to wool this sweater will be for winter layering.
Sweater Brenda is knitted bottom up and is knitted in the round till the armholes. Then divided in a front and back piece and knitted flat. We have to finish front and back separately continuing with the cable pattern and decreasing for the neck. For the collar at the neck you have to pick up stitches and knit a rib stitch. After knitting you have to sew the shoulder seams. The sleeves with a small cable pattern are worked in the round from the bottom up and are sewn into the sweater.
This sweater is described in 5 sizes (S, M, L, XL and XXL) or (32 - 50 inch) and is available in English and Dutch.
Level intermediate; you must have knowledge of: o Knitting in the round o Knitting cables (the cable pattern is completely written out, no charts) o Casting on stitches around the neck line for the collar
Gauge with knitting needles size 6 (US), 8 (UK) = 4mm in stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side) = 22 stitches and 32 rows = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 inch
- Circular knitting needle 4 (US), 9 (UK) = 3.5 mm with a length of 60 cm / 24 inch
- Circular knitting needle 6 (US), 8 (UK) = 4 mm with a length of 60 cm / 24 inch
- The sleeves are also worked in the round with these circular knitting needles. You can use the same (length) circular knitting needles using the magic loop method or else use double pointed needles
- Cable needle
- Needle to sew the sleeves into the sweater
- Yarn with yarn weight sport / 4 ply (I have used Lana Grossa Ecopuno - color 044 mint turquoise)
Used yarn for the 5 sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL) in meters 1205 1325 1510 1640 1800 in yards 1320 1450 1650 1795 1970 skeins Ecopuno 6 7 7 8 9 (1 skein Ecopuno = 50 grams = 215 meters / 235 yards)
Welcome to my Makerist page.
Here you will find original pattern designs in knit and crochet.
Inspired and crafted with my love of nature. I always aim for comfort, warmth and versatility, (and sometimes funny and quirky) timeless pieces.
Fun and usually easy knitting and crochet projects for you, your kids and your home!