Knitting pattern - Ice Princess Shawl - 3-8yrs
A pretty princess shawl for that special princess. Great for dressing up, for weddings, for wearing as a scarf or wrap over the top of a winter coat, or as a cosy shawl on cooler days. Or it could even be used as a baby shawl.
To fit approx. 3-8 yrs - 76cm/30in wide x 38cm/15in deep - instructions to add approx. 3cm/1.25in to the depth and 6cm/2.5in to the width included - No extra yarn required.
An intermediate knit, it starts at the top, spreading out into a semi-circle, with 2 different, easy lace stitches, and garter stitch stripes. A glossary with photos is included to help with yarn forward and yarn over, and the pattern includes line by line instructions in English with British/American terms. Front cover and glossary can be omitted when printing to save ink. I recommend ticking rows as you go.
It can be knitted with 2 colours/all in one colour, and it can be finished with garter stitch or fluffy yarn for a fun fur look! And extra sparkle can be added with sequin thread. A great present for that special little girl!
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size - , Width – 76cm/30in., Depth – (from centre top to edge) – 38cm/15in. Instructions to add approx. 3cm/1.25in to the depth and 6cm/2.5in to the width, included. (No extra yarn required.)
Materials you need at home:
- 2-colour shawl - Stylecraft Special Chunky -144m/157yds per ball, 1 x 100g ball Colour White 1001, 1 x 100g ball Colour Cloud Blue 1019, 1 x 25g ball King Cole Cosmos - Colour Starburst 1100, 1 x 50g ball of Stylecraft Eskimo Double Knitting Colour Winter White 5006.
- Single-colour shawl - Stylecraft Special Chunky -144m/157yds per ball, 2 x 100g balls Colour White 1001, 1 x 25g ball King Cole Cosmos - Colour Galactica 1095 - (Optional). Most Chunky/Bulky yarns should work well, but please check tension/gauge and bear in mind that amounts may vary according to yardage per ball.
- 6.5mm (UK3 – USA10.5) circular needles, 100cm/40in long - work back and forth.
- A tapestry/large needle to sew ends in.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/