Knitting pattern - Owl Fliptop Mitts - adult
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- Cm and inches
Materials you need at home:
- 1 x 100g ball of Stylecraft Life Chunky yarn in Oatmeal 2303, Olive 2302 or any other colour. OR 1 x 100g ball of Berroco Vintage Chunky in Mochi (White) 06101. (Most chunky/bulky yarns work well with this pattern, but check your tension/gauge).
- 5.5mm (UK5 - USA9) and 6.5mm (UK3 – USA10.5) knitting needles.
- A cable needle approx. 6.5mm.
- 4 small brown/black buttons approx. 11mm (3/8in) for the owl’s eyes and 2 larger buttons for the loop if using.
- A tapestry needle and a needle for cotton thread.
- Matching cotton thread.
One adult size fits most – shorter or longer options included.
Cute owlies for colder days, with a twist – flip the top and fingers are free for fiddly tasks! Chunky yarn and toasty fingers. An intermediate knit, with simple cabling. Looks great in natural and bright colours.
Great for yourself or that special hand-made gift.
Please click on my name for a variety of owl patterns, plus many more. Thank you.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 8 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/