Knitting pattern - Owl Jumper - 81-107cm/32-42in chest
This is a lovely pattern - it is warm, thanks to the chunky/bulky yarn, and quick to knit up. The instructions are written line by line and are in English with British/American terms throughout.
SKILL LEVEL - Easy/intermediate. You need to be able to knit with a steady tension/gauge, and know basic knitting skills plus very easy cable - even if you have never cabled before, this cable is dead easy but you will need a cable needle!
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial measurement/Metric measurement
- To fit chest -, 81-86cm/32-34in, (actual size 91cm/36in)., 91-96cm/36-38in, (actual size 103cm/40.5in)., 102-107cm/40-42in, (actual size 114cm/45in).
Materials you need at home:
- 5 ( 5, 6) x 100g ball Stylecraft Life Chunky in Oatmeal, Olive or any other colour. (148m/162yds each ball.) (Other chunky/ bulky yarns may work with this pattern, although amounts may vary and please check your tension/gauge).
- 5.5mm (UK5 - USA9) and 6.5mm (UK3 – USA 10.5) knitting needles.
- 4 brown/black buttons approx 11mm (3/8in) and matching cotton thread. (OR a small amount of yarn could be used to oversew and make the eyes.)
- A cable needle approx 6.5mm.
- A tapestry needle to sew up, and a thinner needle for the cotton thread.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/