Knitting pattern poncho, sweater, cape, swoncho Nessa
What is a Swoncho?
A Swoncho is a combination of a sweater and a poncho. Thanks to the cuffs, it stays in place, and the wrists are always kept cozy, eliminating cold hands. A Swoncho is ideal for the transitional season from autumn to winter or from winter to spring when it is too warm outside to wear a jacket.
I named this beautiful Swoncho ''Nessa'', because in J.R.R. Tolkiens world of Middle-earth, Nessa Tári-Laisi is the ''Queen of the spring''. She is also named Acairis ''the bride'', Indis ''good soul'', Helinyetille ''eyes of soul peace'' or Melesta ''the lovely one''. Nessa enjoys dancing over the green meadows of Valinor. Her season is spring.
- 7 pages pattern
- written pattern
- adjustable to every size
- skill level intermediate
Materials you need at home:
- approx. 400 grams of “Lippenbekenntnis” Best of from Schoppel (yardage 420m [459 yds] / 100 gr [3.5 oz]) or similiar yarn with a comparable yardage
- circular needle size 3.5 – 4.5 (US 4 – 6) (I recommend an interchangeable system)
- 9 stitch markers (8 for the raglan stitches and one to mark the start of the row)
- sewing needle for weaving in ends
- measuring tape
- a piece of waste yarn for the provisional cast-on
- crochet hook for the provisional cast-on
- if necessary, double point needles in size 3.5 – 4.5 (US 4 – 6)
Hi, my name is Michaela, and I live in Germany in Lower Saxony with my husband and my dog Flocke.
I knit and crochet almost my whole live. I was 6 years old when my mom taught me the first stitches and I feel like I have never put the needles aside.
I love to create new looks, I love to see how a knitted or crocheted piece grows with the teamwork of the yarn and my fingers. I want to share my creativity with other knit or chrochet addicted and that is why I create patterns.
All my designs are easy to intermediate to knit or crochet, all patterns are written clearly and easily understandable. They all are tried and tested and the translations are proof-read by a native speaker.
Come to visit my store and enjoy!