Knitting pattern - Silver Shawl - adult
There’s nothing like a silvery beach, teamed up with azure sea and cloudless sky. This beautiful yarn and design bring memories of lazy summer days and nights on silvery beaches where-ever you might be. Chunky/bulky yarn and larger needles mean the resulting shawl is fluid and not too thick – perfect for summer evenings and cooler days.
An asymmetric shawl with a straight, lacy end section. This is an easy pattern, perfect for the beginner or for knitting while you natter with friends. There are photos to help with yarn forward and stretchy bind/cast off.
One size - 152cm/60in wide x 71cm/28in deep (centre top to point).
Although the yarn is now discontinued, any chunky/bulky yarn should be fine - especially if sequins are involved!
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial/Metric measurements
- One size - 152cm/60in wide x 71cm/28in deep (centre top to point).
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 5 x 50g balls of Filatura Di Crosa Fancy GALAXY shade 1, (105m/115yds each ball.) (Most chunky/bulky yarns should work well with this pattern, although amounts may vary, the resulting shawl may not be so fluid as some chunky yarns are denser.)
- 7mm (UK2 – USA 10.75) circular needle 100cm/40in long – use it by working back and forth.
- A large/tapestry needle.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/