La Flotte en Re - cardigan for babies and girls
La Flotte en Ré is a summer cardigan you can knit in cotton (or in wool for other seasons).
Easy to do and easy to wear, it takes up the classical stripes from the sailors’ sweaters, but adding a twist with some eyelets !
It is worked top down, in one piece, and seamlessly.
Do it for a girl or for a boy, do it for a baby or a child !
This pattern is available in babies and children sizes, from 1 month to 12 years.
- knitting tutorial
- Imperial and metric measurements
- sizes 1 month to 12 years
Materials you need at home:
- 125 (150/200/225/250) 300 (350/400/450/500/550) meters / 137 (165/220/245/275) 330 (380/440/490/550/600) yards for main colour in fingering yarn,
- 80 (100/120/150/170) 200 (225/250/275/300/330) meters / 90 (110/130/165/185) 220 (245/275/300/330/360) yards for contrasting colour.
- 5 (5/5/5/5) 7 (7/7/7/7/7) x 13 mm / ½ inch buttons.
- circular needles US 2½ - 3.0 mm and US 1½ - 2.5 mm
- 4 stitch markers
Atelier des Glenettes
I've been knitting since childhood and never stopped: I always need to be creating something with my hands! I knit for my children, my family, my friends... and for a while now, I've been working on models for myself. I do hope you like my patterns!
You can follow me on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/atelierdesglenettes/