Inspired by one of the largest French-speaking regions in the U.S., Lafayette Tee captures the essence of the Cajun south. This close fitting women's tee falls just to the hip with the lower portion worked in flirty lace to allow airflow to cool the skin. A deep V-neck with slight front overlap is playful and flattering. It is worked in the round from the bottom up and is seamless. Pattern is both written out and charted for knitter’s preference.
Photography (c) Nomadic Knits
- Women’s XS (S, M, L, 1X) [2X, 3X, 4X, 5X]
- Finished Circumference at bust: 29.5 (34, 37.5, 41.5, 45) [49, 52.5, 57, 60.5]”/75 (86.5, 95, 105.5, 114.5) [124.5, 133.5, 145, 153.5] cm
- In centimeters and inches. Pattern is both written out and includes charts and schematics.
Materials you need at home:
- Whimzee Stitches Yarn Co. LUXE SOCK MCN 382yds /350m, 3.5oz/100g, 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon): 2 (2, 3, 3, 3) [4, 4, 4, 5] hanks Aubergine
- Total Yarn Needed: 618 (730, 824, 945, 1048) [1167, 1278, 1447, 1568] yds/565 (667, 754, 864, 959) [1067, 1169, 1323, 1433] m
- Size US 3 (UK 10) (3.25mm) circular needles 24-40”/60-100cm, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Notions: Scrap yarn in a contrasting color, fingering weight Stitch holders Stitch markers (m) Tapestry needle
Donna Estin Designs, LLC
I love designing artistic knitwear and I specialize in blending creative stitches into comfortable, modern sweaters. I am a Certified Master Knitter. My designs regularly appear in books and magazines by Wool Studio, Knit Now, Knitscene, Interweave Knits, Nomadic Knits, Knit Picks, Cast On and more.