I was asked to design a Lawn Bowls tea cosy that looked like a particular lady in her team jacket.
I thought it would be nice if the tea cosy was in action, throwing the ball; so she is bent over with her derriere sticking out, her front is lowered to look as if she were bending down and the ball arm hangs down. It could be the winning shot.
The Lawn Bowls tea cosy is a fun tea cosy and could be knitted in any colour.
A tea cosy to make your teapot look like a lady lawn bowls player.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g white double knitting wool,
- 12g flesh tone double knitting wool,
- 12g royal double knitting wool,
- 10g copper double knitting wool,
- 3g silver double knitting wool,
- 2g black double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.