You will finish this piece faster than you could imagine! It comes with short or long sleeves, and a larger cut neckline on the front and back. A little skirt is attached below the waist line, it can be omitted. This way, the ballet leotard is suitable for gymnastics, too, and older girls will like it as well. Difficulty: a little experience working with knit fabric is desirable. No time consuming closures.
My patterns don't include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces. All measurements are in centimeters / meters, some also in inches.
- The PDF includes 31 color pages (DIN A4):
- sewing tutorial with many illustrations
- photo tutorials for neckline bindings
- 9 pages of pattern pieces in 12 sizes (EU sz 92, 98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 140, 146, 152, 158 = US sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
- sewing advice and Information about the leotard
- add-on: the sewing pattern itself also comes as a large format pdf for plotter and a large format layered pdf for projector cutting!
Materials you need at home:
- The ballet suit must be sewn with stretchy fabrics, if possible, use 4-way stretch cotton jersey with a large amount of spandex (elastane), or bathing suit fabric, lycra knits, or thin cotton interlock with a lot of elastane.
- Non-stiff tulle or jersey will work best for the attached skirt.
- fold over elastic (FOE) or stripes of stretchy jersey
I have great patterns for young and old. Whether as an e-book with detailed photo instructions, or compact and inexpensive with text instructions: there is something for everyone! All of my patterns are constructed and graded by hand. Easily understandable explanations, background knowledge and many tips from the sewing box complete the whole thing. Sewing fun for beginners and experts!