Lexie is a classic Hat with modern details.
The deep cloche-like brim is knitted sideways and features two decorative buttons. The body of the Hat is worked upwards in a striking spiral pattern created by travelling stitches. This pattern is worked effortlessly into the crown for a seamless finish.
The pattern is provided in 3 sizes, is provided in both written and charted format, and also features illustrated tutorials for the specialist skills required.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on, cables
Gauge: 18 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over St.St. 17 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over Moss/Seed stitch 19 sts x 26 rows to 4in/10cm on 4.5mm needles over Body stitch pattern
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 19 (21, 23) in/48.25 (53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 16 (18, 20) in/40.5 (45.75, 51) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on, Cabling Without a Needle & Picking up sts
Materials you need at home:
- 78 (95, 118) yd/71 (87, 108) m Aran weight, single ply yarn (Sample shown in Ripples Crafts Warm Hearted Aran (143yd/131m per 100g; 70% Wool, 20% Mohair, 10% Silk))
- 28yd/26m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 4.5mm/UK7/US7 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
- Cable needle
- Pair 1in/2.5cm buttons
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.