Libeccio Bermuda shorts sewing pattern - Size 2 to 14
[ LIBECCIO ] : NOUN
1- Southwest warm wind in Corsica and on the French Riviera.
2- Bermuda shorts for fearless and smart boys.
Libeccio are bermuda shorts with a subtil retro twist. Timeless and modern, Libeccio suits any style: chic with a shirt, or more casual with a polo shirt. The charm of Libeccio is made of contrasting cuffs and a back welt pocket. Last but not least, Libeccio features an elastic waistband at the back to get dressed easily.
Level : 4/5 A video that details each step of the garment construction is available for free on "Rose des Vents Couture" YouTube channel.
Recommended fabric :
main fabric : gabardine, twill, heavyweight cotton, velvet, denim, linen but not too fine (more difficult).
fabric 2 (for contrasted pieces) : poplin
- a copyshop pattern to be printed by a professional (dimensions : 914 mm wide, the length is specific for each pattern)
- a A4/US letter pattern to be printed at home
- a printing guide
- an instruction guide
Materials you need at home:
- Main Fabric : 75cm (7/8 yd) // 80cm (7/8 yd) // 85cm (1 yd) // 95cm (1 yd) // 105cm (1 1/8 yd) // 115cm (1 1/4 yd) // 125cm (1 3/8 yd) // 135cm (1 1/2 yd)
- Fabric 2 : 25cm (1/4 yd)
- woven interfacing Vlieseline G710 type: 15 cm (1/8 yd)
- 1 button diameter 15 mm or 1 snap button or 1 hook and eye
- 1 zipper 6 cm / 2 1/2'' (sizes 2-3-4) 8 cm / 3'' (size 6) 10 cm / 4'' (sizes 8- 10) 12 cm / 5'' (size 12) 15cm / 6'' (size 14)
- Assorted thread
- 2 cm (7/8'') wide elastic : 35cm (12 1/2")
Rose des vents
PDF sewing pattern for children.
Welcome ! I am Aurélie, a sewing addict for a long time but fully dedicated to it for the past few years
I have founded Rose des Vents in 2020, and you can visit my website rosedesvents-couture.fr to read my blog and discover more about me.