Lilydale Beanie is a simplified Fair Isle Style Hat Knitting Pattern. Using just one main background colour, you can create this hat using many different colour ways. This hat looks great on both men and women and is warm and comfortable to wear.
TIP: For a smaller or larger hat, go down or up a needle size; note that tension/ gauge will be different.
Tension/ Gauge 22 sts and 30 rows to 10 cm (4") in stockinette stitch
Note that if you are working a bigger or smaller hat, the gauge will be different.
- Size: One Size to fit head circumference of about 54 to 58 cm or 21 to 23 inches
- The hat measures about 26 cm or 10 " in height.
- metric and imperial measurements given
Materials you need at home:
- 100 g Cream Cascade 220 Superwash Merino DK Yarn (100m per 50g) Main Colour
- 50 g Port Royale Cascade 220 Superwash Merino DK Yarn
- 50 g Silver Fern Cascade 220 Superwash Merino DK Yarn
- 50 g December Sky Cascade 220 Superwash Merino DK Yarn
- stitch marker
- darning needle
- Circular knitting needle size 3.5 mm ( US4) 40 cm (16") long
- Circular knitting needle 2.5 mm ( US1.5) 40 cm (16") long
- DPN's 3.5mm (US4)
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.