Using just a small amount of yarn and a bit of time, you can create this Darling Little Baby Lace Dress. A delicate lace design that is not too challenging.
The pattern is knit flat and has repeating zigzag lace panels on both skirt and yoke.
Back buttonhole closure adds an extra feature.
Eyelet hems are pretty and the sleeves are tied with dainty I-cords, which are threaded through the eyelet hems.
Sizes: 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months
Materials: about 100 ( 125, 150) g or 420 ( 525, 630) meters of fingering weight yarn, amounts will vary, depending on your choice, get a little extra if in doubt.
Tension/Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows make 10 cm or 4 " square on 3 mm or US 2.5 needles and stockinette stitch
Knitting needles: 3 mm or US 2.5, circular
Although this is a flat knit pattern, it is much easier to use a short circular needle to accommodate the stitches
3 small shell buttons
Two 3 mm or US 2.5 DPN's for the I-cord sleeve ties stitch holders
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Sizes 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- about 100 ( 125, 150) g or 420 ( 525, 630) meters of fingering weight yarn, amounts will vary, depending on your choice, get a little extra if in doubt. , , *Knitting needles 3mm or US 2.5, circular , *Two 3mm or US2.5 DPN's for the I-cord sleeve ties *stitch holders
- three small shell buttons
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.