Sleeveless, slightly flared little dress for girls
A classic: quick and easy to sew and wear! The Little Favorite dress is made from woven fabrics. Great sewing pattern for beginners. The sleeveless dress has an overlapping front yoke, looking like V-neck. It doesn’t have any fasteners which makes it easy to sew and wear.
The plain, simple A-line cut is also perfectly suitable for big prints. You can use up your leftover fabric scraps for yoke and pocket pieces. They look best when made from a nice, contrasting fabric. Neckline and armholes are finished with bias tape. The bindings look especially nice in a contrasting color.
You can easily make your own variations of the simple little dress pattern: Change the look by using decorative ribbons, ruffles, pleats or extra seams. Whether for summer season, as a chic dress for special occasions, combined with an undershirt for spring or autumn or made from cozy winter fabrics – the Little Favorite Dress really is an all time favorite. Since 2011!
Please note: My patterns don't include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces. All measurements are in centimeters / meters and inches.
- The PDF ebook contains 54 pages with lots of photos:
- 13 pages sewing instructions (with photos) for beginners
- short version of sewing instructions for advanced sewers
- sewing tips and infos about the Little Favorite Dress, extra info & tutorials about pockets and bias tape
- add-on: the sewing pattern itself also comes as a large format pdf for plotter (with German labeling) and a large format layered pdf for projector cutting (English labeling)!
- 10 + 4 pages sewing pattern in 15 girls' sizes (EU sizes 68, 74, 80, 86, 92, 98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 140, 146, 152cm = US sizes 6M, 9M, 12M, 18M, 24M, 3T, 4 and 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12).
Materials you need at home:
- woven fabrics
- bias tape
- sewing thread
I have great patterns for young and old. Whether as an e-book with detailed photo instructions, or compact and inexpensive with text instructions: there is something for everyone! All of my patterns are constructed and graded by hand. Easily understandable explanations, background knowledge and many tips from the sewing box complete the whole thing. Sewing fun for beginners and experts!