Tommy is a little cuddly bear, and he is a quick knitting project for the weekend or for an evening or two. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the bear is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The body and legs are knitted as one piece, and the ears, head and arms are knitted separately and sewn in position. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, knitting stripes, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the bear and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double Knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight); I used Hayfield Bonus DK
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
- A small amount of yarn to embroider the nose
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.