Introducing my London Bus knitting pattern. The bus is 14 cm tall, 19 cm long and 7 cm deep. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The window struts are embroidered in chain stitch. This pattern incorporates short rows. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bus and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons to decorate
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.