LongiHood kids' Sweatshirt / Longshirt / Hoodie
Cozy sweater or dress with many variations
You can sew a lot of different models using this pattern: Plain sweaters with or without cozy collar, hoodies, a sweatshirt dress or a rather classic half-zip sweater.
All LongiHoods are a rather loose fit.
The shorter version is a straight cut and suits boys and girls as well. The longer version (sweatshirt dress) is slightly fitted and will rather fit the girls.
All models are made with cuffs at the sleeves and at the hem.
You can sew the front of the shorter LongiHood in trendy color blocking style. This also looks good with sleeves in different colors. The color blocking version is also great for using some of the larger scraps in your stash.
Please note: My patterns don't include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces. All measurements are in centimeters / meters, some also in inches.
- The PDF contains 43 color pages (DIN A4):
- 20 pages sewing tutorial (instruction and cutting directions, with many illustrations.)
- 21 pages of pattern pieces in 14 children's sizes (EU 86, 92, 98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 140, 146, 152, 158, 164 = US 18M, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
- 22 pages design examples
- additional pdf files: pattern sheet as large format pdf for plotter and large format layered pdf, optimized for projector cutting
Materials you need at home:
- sweat, french terry or similiar fabric
- rib knit fabric
- optional: jersey knit (as lining) for pocket / hood / collar
I have great patterns for young and old. Whether as an e-book with detailed photo instructions, or compact and inexpensive with text instructions: there is something for everyone! All of my patterns are constructed and graded by hand. Easily understandable explanations, background knowledge and many tips from the sewing box complete the whole thing. Sewing fun for beginners and experts!