Lorna Poncho - one size to fit small to large adult
Easy Chunky/bulky yarn Adult - one size fits most.
A warm, chunky poncho to wrap up in for that walk by the sea. A random selection of moss (USA seed), double moss (USA moss) and garter stitch make for a lovely texture that lets the tweedy yarn shine.
An easy knit for the confident beginner and yet interesting enough for the experienced knitter who likes to watch the world go by or natter with friends and knit at the same time. Knitted flat on 2 needles and sewn together, with photos to help. Line by line instructions with British/American terms throughout.
To fit small to large adult – approx. 76cm/30in – 112cm/44in chest. (Modelled on UK size 8, US size 4.)
A cosy, fashionable knit, for getting out and about.
Matching Lorna Hat available as well.
Disponible en francais aussi - s'il vous plait, allez a makerist.fr, le site francais. Merci. (Also available in French on makerist.fr.)
- Knitting Pattern, with photos to help with sewing up.
- US Imperial Measurement/Metric measurement
- To fit small to large adult – approx. 76cm/30in – 112cm/44in chest.
- Suitable for confident beginner
Materials you need at home:
- 5 x 100g balls of King Cole Chunky Tweed Colour Orkney 1076, (138m/151yds each ball.) (Most chunky/bulky yarns work well with this pattern, although amounts may vary and please check your tension/gauge – included in the pattern).
- 8mm (UK0 - USA11).
- A large/tapestry needle to sew the ends in.
The Lonely Sea - Heather Corcoran
I have a bag that say ' I knit therefore I am' - sums me up perfectly! I love to knit and love to design! I have knitted for years, and made and sold literally hundreds of owl gloves and fingerless mitts on-line. About 5 years ago, I decided to give designing and writing patterns a go, and I absolutely love it! The whole process is absolutely captivating, and I love to see other knitters' projects made from my patterns. My beautiful cavvy, Honey, is my constant companion, and she sleeps next to me on the settee while I knit. You can also find me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thelonelyseapatterns/