- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size approx. 165 cm (65") wide by 64 cm (25") deep, , after blocking
- Suitable for Advanced Knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Materials Fingering Weight Yarn in two different, contrasting colours. , You will need about 100g (400 m or 437 yds) of each colour, 200 g (800 m or 874 yds) in total , Yarn Suggestions Malabrigo Mechita Arco Iris and Dried Orange or Supergarne Activ Fine Cotton (Sand) and Cotton Col.(Lagoon) , circular knitting needles 100cm or 40 " long , darning needle for weaving in ends , blocking pins , , Tension/ Gauge 28 sts and 32 rows make 10 cm or 4" square, using stockinette st
Love The Way You Lie is a modern lace shawl pattern worked from the top down using short row lace insertion teamed with striped garter rows. Two contrasting colours are used, which are swapped without the need to cut any yarn, so the weaving in is minimal.
After the lace, the shawl moves into a traditional Shetland Hap border and finishes with a lace edging, which is knit on sideways. No seaming required! Depending on the colours you choose, you can change to mood of the shawl from flamboyant to understated elegance, it's up to you.
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.