Lucy - this very sweet knitted girl cat stands 64 cm (25 inches) tall and is very cute and cuddly.
The knitting pattern gives step-by-step instructions. All knitted in stocking stitch with double knitting yarn and 3.5 cm (4 US) needles.
Your little one will love to make friends with Lucy or you could knit her as a special gift for a new baby.
Lucy has a brother called Bramble and the knitting pattern for Bramble can be found in my Profile on Makerist.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Suitable for Intermediate Knitters
- Detailed instructions for using the magic loop technique for circular knitting
Materials you need at home:
- Suggested yarns to use, but any Double Knitting Yarn can be used.
- Colour 1 – Legs, Hands, Head and Ears , 1 – 100 gram ball of Cygnet Supersoft Double Knit Kaleidescope, Shade – 255 Dolly Mixture
- Colour 2 – Body, Sleeves, Lace Trims, 1 – 100 gram ball of Paintbox Yarns Baby DK, Shade – 745 Pale Lilac
- Colour 3 – Flowers, 1 – 100 gram ball of Paintbox Yarns Baby DK, Shade – 746 Dusty Lilac
- Colour 4 - Hat, 1 – 100 gram ball of Paintbox Simply DK Yarn, Shade – 100 Paper White
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.