- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Suitable for the advanced knitter
- Worked flat back and forth.
- Gauge For the sample shawl measured after blocking 19.2 sts / 24 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over the body in Diamonds pattern. Gauge is however not critical for this design, the lace will open up after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size).
Luule means “poetry” in Estonian. The Luule stole was designed for and dedicated to my mother, because she wanted to knit pretty lace. The delicate lace is based on traditional Estonian stitch patterns, which are knit on both right and wrong sides of the fabric and include nupps. Instructions for both traditional and easy nupps are included.
This shawl begins with a provisional cast on followed by a lovely leaf lace edging and border. After the provisional cast on has been undone, the center is filled with diamond lace. The top edge mirrors the bottom. The instructions for the shawl are provided both fully charted and written out.
Size and finished measurements: One size – finished dimensions: 58 cm (23 inches) wide and 180 cm (71 inches) long, measured after blocking.
Difficulty: This stole is started using a provisional cast on and contains lace that is knit on both right and wrong sides of the fabric. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, k3tog, skp, yo, p2tog, a centered double decrease (sl2-k1-p2sso), Estonian 3 into 3 gathered stitches and nupps. This pattern is suitable for the advanced knitter.