Mac the Highland Bull loves eating haggis and lazing around in the highlands of Scotland. Mac is 14 cm long and 11 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail is a single crochet chain worked on a crochet hook. The fringe is made by knitting loops, and instructions are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bull and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight); less than 30g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Small buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.