Magarita // Women's Knit Bodycon Party Dress
- A Print-At-Home PDF 24 x A4 or US Letter pages.
- A Copy Shop PDF 1 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file 10 pages of very detailed sewing instructions with illustrations. , Download size is 2.4mb.
Materials you need at home:
- This pattern is designed for heavy knit fabrics with a medium level of stretch. Scuba Knit or Neoprene is ideal, but ponte or bonded/fused double knits are also suitable. It is important to use a thick fabric to achieve the flattering “spanx” effect of this garment. , , *You will need
- 2m (2.2 yards) of knit fabric with a 144cm (55”) width.
- A 50cm invisible zipper and an invisible zipper foot.
Here it is, girl! The Margarita Dress is pure glamour! This is a stunning off-the-shoulder cocktail dress, perfect for parties, events and super hot dates. Make it in bright prints or metallics when you want some attention, or dark and bold colours when you want to accentuate your shape.
The Margarita has a flattering wrap around the bust and a firm-fitting princess cut. The dress closes with an invisible zipper, and features a slit at centre-back for ease of movement. Fit it to your body and it will give you a "spanx" effect, exaggerating your natural curves.
Skill Level: Intermediate. This pattern is aimed at intermediate sewers. The construction is quite straightforward, and the instructions are very detailed, but beginners may find the invisible zipper, and working with knits a little challenging. NOTE-- You do not need a serger or overlocker, as all main seams are straight stitched. Overlocking instructions are included for seam finishing only.
Our Lady of Leisure
Hello, darling! How lovely to meet you. We are your Ladies of Leisure, the patron saints of Sunday sewing. This is our manifesto.
We believe in creation as recreation. Sewing is good for you, darling. Relax. We believe your leisure time should be used for maximum enjoyment. This means figure-friendly sewing patterns with pain-free instructions. And it means we indulge in a sneaky short cut now and then. This is for fun, babe. We also indulge in the occasional cocktail at the sewing machine. We won't tell if you don't.
Our Lady of Leisure is a ongoing project aimed at designing modern, bold, empowering sewing patterns. Our patterns come with thorough, easy-to-understand instructions, complete with painstakingly illustrated diagrams.
This project is an absolute labour of love, so please let us know if you have suggestions on how we can improve. You mean the world to us, darling!