Introducing my “Make it Merry” tree decorations. With this knitting pattern you can make Santa, a soldier, penguin, angel and snowman. These range in size from 11 cm to 13 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The penguin pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- instructions for making the decorations plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 8 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.25mm knitting needles (US 3)
- 4 ply acrylic yarn; less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.