Marble Muffin is a wonderful modern and fun Hat knitted on the bias, that can be worn in a number of different ways.
The body can be left unblocked for a perky cap or blocked to be more beret-like. The deep ribbed brim can be folded up or worn towards the back for a more casual look.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Gauge: 16 sts x 24 rows to 4in/10cm on 5mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 19 (21, 23) in/48.25 (53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 16 (18, 20) in/40.5 (45.5, 50.5) cm)
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable cast-on & 2x2 Alternate Cable cast-on
Materials you need at home:
- 101 (124, 146) yd/93 (114, 134) m Aran weight, single ply yarn (Sample shown in Araucania Aysen (191yd/175m per 100g; 70% Merino, 20% Alpaca, 10% Silk) )
- 22yd/20m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 5mm/UK6/US7 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.