Introducing Marcia, a medium-sized, simple but feminine bucket bag. The bag is composed of thick canvas base reinforced with interfacing for more rigidity. It invites you to pick a slightly fancier and statement fabric for the top part to bring contrast and some lightheartedness to the look of the bag. Marcia features a zipped front pocket and is lined.
Dimensions: 17,5x25x31 cm or 6.9x10x12.2 inches
Difficulty level: It’s a fairly easy bag to make.
Like my work? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
- Step by step tutorial in English (14 pages)
- Pattern in English (16 pages)
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in A4 and US letter paper formats
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- Duck canvas or a similarly thick and sturdy fabric: 50 x 140 cm or 20’’ x 1.6 yard
- A thick patterned fabric for the contrasting top panels : 20 x 140 cm or 8’’ x 1.6 yard
- For the lining: popelin, satin cotton... depending on your taste. 75 x 75 cm or 30 x 30 inches
- Bias tape or cotton twill tape: 2 cm wide x 90 cm long or 0.8 x 3.6 inches (but feel free to take the width that you prefer... the measurements converted in inches are always a bit strange)
- Webbing strap 2,5-3 cm wide (or however wide you like it): 96 cm/ 37’’ long for the handle, 8’’ x 2 to hold the rings
- 1 15 cm / 6’’ long zipper for the front pocket
- 2 rings
- 2 carabiners
- Interfacing: I prefer the woven kind, and the thicker the better. I’ve personally just gone to my favourite haberdashery and asked for the thickest they have. 45 cm x 50 cm wide, or 18 x 20’’ wide
- 8 eyelets with 10 or 14 cm inner diameter = 1/2 inch
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.