Marina is a friendly mermaid doll, and can knitted with a combination of just four stitches: knit, purl, a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the doll is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The bikini strap is a single crochet chain worked on a crochet hook. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the mermaid and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 21cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Embroidery thread for the eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.