Marina the Mermaid
Introducing Marina the Mermaid. To knit the mermaid doll you use only 4 stitches: knit, purl, a kfb increase and a k2tog decrease. Marina is 21 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The bikini strap is a single crochet chain; if you don’t know how to crochet you could embroider the strap around the body instead. The hair is attached onto the doll after finishing and instructions are included. You will also need to cast on and off, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the mermaid and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Embroidery thread for the eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.