- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the mermaid and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
MARINA THE MERMAID TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Marina the mermaid is a simple knitting pattern: to knit your own mermaid doll you just need to use 4 stitches (knit, purl, a kfb increase and k2tog decrease).
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the bikini strap which is a single crochet chain. If you don’t know how to crochet you could embroider the strap around the body instead. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the ends of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams. The hair is attached onto the doll after finishing and instructions are included.
FINISHED SIZE: The mermaid is approximately 21cm tall.