Marvin loves spending time chilling with his human friend on the sofa, watching documentaries (about Africa!), sports (rugby!) and munching sweets. But don‘t be fooled, he can be a real bullhead as well, ready for tearing down any wall that stands in his way! He is easily agitated, especially when he comes across humans who mistreat animals. Oh, how he would love to take them on his horn!
Knit as tight as possible, so the stuffing will not show. A good gauge with Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi) yarn would be 27 stitches x 38 rows = 10 x 10 cm = 4 x 4 inches Of course you can use any yarn you want (or you have left over). Marvin will be bigger or smaller depending on the yarn. With the gauge shown above Marvin measures approximately 28 cm = 11 inches sitting.
Have fun with Marvin and his friends from Africa! Yours Steffi
- Clear and elaborated step-by-step instruction with loads of pictures and innovative charts for the crucial steps
- Appendix with all techniques needed, for example short rows German style. However, you should know how to cast on, bind of, knit and purl. All other techniques are explained in detail.
Materials you need at home:
- Original yarn from German factory Lana Grossa: Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino Superfein (100 % Merino, 175 yards (160 m) per 1.76 ounces (50 g) ) in GREY and RED, small amounts in BLUE, DARK RED, ORANGE, PINK, BRIGHT BLUE and SAND. Substitute with any yarn in Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi).
- Embroidery thread or twine in black
- 2 black beads, approx 8 to 10 mm diameter
- Strong felt, approx 2 or 3 mm thickness, approx 4 x 5 inches (10 x 12 cm)
- Set of size 2 US (2,5 mm, 12 UK) or size 3 US (3 mm, 12 UK) double pointed needles, depending an how tight you knit
- Embroidery needle, sewing needle, darning needle
- 4 safety pins, polyester stuffing or similar, scissors
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)