Every pregnant woman needs leggings. Or – even better – several of them! Whether you prefer full-length, knee-length (cycling shorts) or ankle-length (capri pants): The leggings are best done in serial production. They are sewn super-fast, anyway. Depending on your preferences, you can sew the maternity leggings with over or under bump fit. The bump band is medium high fit, so it rather ends on the belly than under the breasts. The more elastic the material, the better – so it will allow the leggings to grow through all stages of pregnancy!
PLEASE NOTE: My patterns don't include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces.
- The PDF contains 14 color pages (DIN A4):
- illustrated sewing tutorial
- 11 pages pattern in EU ladies' sizes 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50.
- sewing tipps and variations, design examples
- large format pdf file for plotter
- large format layered pdf, optimized for projector cutting
Materials you need at home:
- Stretchy jersey knit fabrics. If possible, use 4-way stretch cotton jersey with at least 4% of spandex (elastane), or materials like bathing suit fabric, rib or lycra knits, or thin cotton interlock with a lot of elastane.
- elastic and / or rib knit fabric
- sewing thread
I have great patterns for young and old. Whether as an e-book with detailed photo instructions, or compact and inexpensive with text instructions: there is something for everyone! All of my patterns are constructed and graded by hand. Easily understandable explanations, background knowledge and many tips from the sewing box complete the whole thing. Sewing fun for beginners and experts!