Mauka dress sewing pattern - Size 2 to 14
[ MAUKA ] : NOUN 1- In Hawaii, light and cool wind sweeping down from the mountain. 2- Twirling dress for aspiring dancer. Mauka is a timeless and elegant dress. With or without sleeves, it embraces all seasons. Its signature is that inverted box pleat below the front yoke. And above all, it twirls!
Level : 3/5 A video that details each step of the garment construction is available for free on "Rose des Vents Couture" YouTube channel.
Recommended fabrics: Mauka is suitable for many kinds of fabrics. A stiff fabric like brocade or jacquard adds body to the dress and makes it a pretty dress for special occasions! A more flowy fabric like flannel or poplin makes it a casual dress easier to wear on a daily basis.
- a copyshop pattern to be printed by a professional (dimensions : 914 mm wide, the length is specific for each pattern)
- a A4/US letter pattern to be printed at home
- an instruction guide
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric : 75cm (7/8 yd) to 210cm (2 1/4 yd) sleeveless and simple skirt
- Fabric : 125cm (1 3/8 yd) to 390cm (4 1/4 yd) sleeves an double skirt
- woven interfacing Vlieseline G710 type: 20cm = 8''
- Invisible zipper 30cm=12'' (sizes 2-3-4) / 40cm=13'' (sizes 6-8-10-12-14)
- braided elastic 9 mm (3/8'') : 50cm=20''
- Assorted thread
- pre-made bias binding for the sleeveless view : 60cm (24'') to 100cm (40'')
Rose des vents
PDF sewing pattern for children.
Welcome ! I am Aurélie, a sewing addict for a long time but fully dedicated to it for the past few years
I have founded Rose des Vents in 2020, and you can visit my website rosedesvents-couture.fr to read my blog and discover more about me.