Meet Melly the Elephant; you can knit your own elephant toy using acrylic DK yarns in garter stitch. Melly is 17 cm tall and 19 cm long. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail and blanket border are worked on a crochet hook. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the elephant and blanket.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
- A stitch marker
- Pins for making up
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.