Do you have clothing and belongings with sentimental value to you? And you want to make something beautiful out of it? Then we have something special for you:
Simple button jointed Memory Bear Ben sewing pattern & tutorial for you to make a keepsake to pass from one generation to another.
Using this easy PDF sewing tutorial you will easily make your own Memory Bear. Enjoy the making process, make yourself a special keepsake bear or share your gift of stitching with someone special. When you make your first one I'm sure you won't be able to stop. This pattern comes with detailed instructions so it is suitable for a sewist with a basic knowledge of machine and hand sewing. For sewing, your special keepsake bears you can use most fabrics just use interfacing to line fabrics. Mixing and matching different fabrics makes your bears look amazing!
- Easy to follow instructions and pattern pieces to make your own Memory Bear
- List of supplies
- Stitch guide
- SIZE: approximately 16 inches
- Lots of photos to help guide you along the way
Materials you need at home:
- Pieces of clothing you want to use for your memory bear- keep in mind that Bear measures about 15-16 inches standing;
- 35x30 inches open (around 90x75 cm) – lightweight woven fusible interfacing for the body, head, arms, and legs;
- Stuffing (non-allergenic toy filling, polyfil, wool, etc.);
- Black wool (or wool blend) felt for eyes and nose;
- 4 x two-hole buttons – 1,8cm / just under 3/4 inch (I’m using plain transparent buttons here)
- Sewing machine, Thread to match fabrics, Needles for machine
- Dressmaker’s scissors, Pins, Needles for hand sewing, Long doll needle
- Stuffing tools such as a wooden spoon, stinging needle or chopstick
- Disappearing ink marker, chalk, and ruler
Hi, we are two sisters working together to bring you joy and magic of stitching. Our shop grew out of our passion for crafting and the love for sewing. Hours and hours are spent designing and making these patterns so they would be perfect project for beginners and advanced sewers as well. Thank you for being with us because there is nothing better than knowing our creations bring a smile to someone's face and giving you the opportunity to make something with your own hands for someone you love ( including yourself).
Petras Wonderland is a brand creating easy to follow patterns for handmade dolls, plush toys, memory toys, and embroidery.
We strongly believe that anyone with good will, patience, and good pattern and tutorial can make a toy.