This tutorial includes the knitting pattern of 2 coordinated models.
The snood is composed of 2 verticlally knitted pieces An original model that combines comfort and fantasy.
A mix of classic stitches that ensures hold and warmth. The contrast of materials and colors also enhances it. This snood is easy to put on for children ... it has no right side or wrong side ... it can also be worn over a hood.
The model is uni-sex to be declined in all colors according to your desires or your needs.
This model is made in 2 qualities, the outside is in Quality Partner 3,5 of Phildar knitted with needles 3,5 mm in garter stitch and cable stitch. The inside is in quality Phil Douce de Phildar knitted with needles 5 mm in stocking stitch. It is made of 2 strips knitted vertically and joined by a seam.
The model is knitted flat in stocking stitch, garter stitch and cable stitch with straight needles.
The tension/gauge : 14 stitches and 23 rows needles 5 in stocking stitch with Phil douce (= 10 x 10 cm / = 4’’) and 28 stitches and 44 rows needles 3 ½ in garter stitch with Partner 3 ½ (= 10 x 10 cm / = 4’’). You can knit this model in other qualities with the gauge same.
The model is available in 3 sizes : 2-4 years/6-8 years and 10-12 years.
To limit the number of seams you are invited to make a provisional cast-on with a hook (technique explained in a step-by-step tutorial and photos in the appendix). The stitches will then be cast off with 3 needles. This technique is optional, the model can be knit with a classical cast on and close with a seam.
Children's mittens with thumb to keep their hands warm while maintaining freedom of movement. The model is uni-sex, declined in the color of your choice in plain or with stripes. Each mitten can be worn on either left or right hand.
For more comfort they are made in one piece with a minimum of sewing. Provide a stitch holder to put the thumb stitches on hold or, failing that, a piece of yarn.
For the small sizes (2 years old/4 years old and 6 years old) the mittens are linked together by an I-cord. The technique is explained in a step-by-step tutorial and photos in the appendix in the explanation.
The model is knitted flat in stocking stitch and 1/1 rib with straight needles.
The tension/gauge : 23 stitches and 30 rows needles 3,5 in stocking stitch (= 10 x 10 cm / = 4’’). You can knit this model in other qualities with the gauge same.
The model is available in 6 sizes : 2 years/4 years/6 years/8 years/10 years and 12 years.
The knitting pattern includes full instructions with photos of the model. Each size is explained individually for the 2 models.
Suitable for intermediate - Pattern language English, measurements in cm. This pattern is available PDF download (18 pages) which includes 5 photos of the snood, 4 photos of the mittens and 2 photos tutorial step by step to knitted the I-cord (4 photos) and for the provisional cast-on (6 photos).
- PDF knitting pattern with photographs (18 pages)
- Photo tutorial step by step to knitted I-cord (4 photos)
- Tutorial step by step for the provisional cast-on (6 photos)
- Each size is explained individually
- Metric measurements /Suitable for intermediate
- 5 photos of the snood and 4 photos of the mittens
Materials you need at home:
- 2/2/2 balls Quality Partner 3 ½ of Phildar (65/75/87g or 163/188/218 m)
- 1/2/2 ball(s) Quality Phil douce of Phildar (45/52/60 g or 78/90/104 m)
- Knitting needles a pair of 3 ½ mm (UK : 9, US : 4 , Canada E and Japan 6/0)
- Knitting needles a pair of 5 mm (UK : 6, US : 8 , Canada H and Japan 8/0)
- 1 cable needle 3 ½ mm/1 hook 3 ½ mm (provisional cast on, optional)
- 1 scissors and 1 tapestry needle
- 1/1/1/1/1/1 ball Quality Partner 3,5 of Phildar (45/51/58/67/78/89 m)
- Knitting needles a pair of 3 mm (UK : 11, US : 2 ½, Canada D and Japan 5/0)
- 1 stitch holders (or failing that a piece of yarn)
- 2 Stitch markers or waste yarn
Thali Créations Designs
My name is Nathalie, I design knitwear classic with a stylish twist for preemies, babys, children's and woman's ... my own designs and other for yarn companies.
I love blending creative stitches for comfortable and original garments ... handmade knits garments that you can wear for all occasions.
I use modern construction methods make for a straight-forward and enjoyable knitting experience (explained in photo tutorials). For give you pleasure of wearing hand knits practical and beautiful.
I hope you will enjoy knitting my patterns as much as I have enjoyed creating them.
All my knitwear is created by myself handmade and made in France. My patterns are signed Thali Créations.
You can follow Instagram account @thalicreations, for see my new projects.