Miles the Crocodile is a happy little croc that would make a super gift for kids of all ages. The finished crocodile is approximately 35cm long. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The body pattern uses cable knitting, and instructions on how to c4b (cable four back) and c4f (cable four front) are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the crocodile and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- A cable needle
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Black beads (or buttons) for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.