Mini France is a cute, simple and modern little handbag that’s just big enough to hold a small book, a wallet and knick knacks. A carabiner in the front helps closing the bag. The inside is lined and features small inner pockets that will hold cards or metro tickets. The bag is backed with strong interfacing to preserve its curves.
Dimensions: 21x16x10 cm or 8.3x 6.3x 4 inches
Difficulty level: It’s a fairly easy bag to make.
Like my work? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
- Step by step tutorial in English (13 pages)
- Pattern in English (7 pages)
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in A4 and US letter paper formats
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- Duck canvas or a similarly thick and sturdy fabric: 25 x140 cm or 10’’ x 1.6 yards
- For the lining: poplin, satin cotton... depending on your taste. 25 x 140 cm or 10’’ x 1.6 yards
- Bias tape or cotton twill tape: 2,80 m or 3 yards
- Webbing strap: 2,5 cm wide, 2 m long in total, or 1’’ x 2.1 yards
- 3 carabiners et 3 D-rings
- Double-sided tape to fix the cotton twill tape before sewing
- Interfacing: I prefer the woven kind, and the thicker the better. I’ve personally just gone to my favourite haberdashery and asked for the thickest they have. 25 cm x 1,20 m or 10’’ x 1.3 yards ( (these measurements include the interfacing necessary if you back both the canvas and the lining)
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.