- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the mitten
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarn.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
MINI MITTENS KNITTING PATTERNS
I made these little mittens in green to decorate my Christmas tree, and in pink and blue to make a baby shower bunting.
This pattern is worked flat on straight needles to make it easier for beginner knitters, but you could easily convert it to knitting in the round if you prefer.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. To make a hanging loop I worked a single crochet chain, but you could use a length of yarn or ribbon instead. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a make 1 increase and k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
FINISHED SIZE: The mitten is approximately 9cm tall (not including the hanging loop).