- Detailed, digital sewing instructions with more than 250 photos.
- Pattern in A4 PDF format (also fits to US-paper size) (in the ZIP file).
- Separate pattern pieces for interfacing.
- LookBook for inspiration (in the ZIP file).
Materials you need at home:
- 2 exterior fabrics each approx. H 15cm x W 30cm (6″ x 12″) (or 1 exterior fabric in H 20cm (8″) for „one-piece exterior“)
- Lining fabrics approx. 30cm x 90cm (1/2 yard)
- 30cm (12″) of medium weight fusible interfacing 1 (e.g. Vlieseline H250 / Pellon 809)
- 20cm (8″) of medium weight fusible interfacing 2 (e.g. Vlieseline S320 / Pellon 950F)
- 10cm (4″) of heavy fusible stabiliser (e.g. Decovil heavy / Pellon 526)
- 26cm (10 1/4″) nylon coil zipper, tape width of 3 – 3.2cm (1 1/4″) (equivalent to a coil width of 5-6mm = #5 zipper) + 1 slider
- a piece of hook-and-loop tape, 20-25mm (3/4″ – 1″) wide (or a small, flat, easy-to-open snap fastener (without explanation))
This ebook consists of very detailed sewing instructions, pattern and lookbook. It's not just a simple sewing tutorial, but rather structured like "a real book" or even "screenshots of a video + text", with lots of tips and info. Don't be intimidated by the number of pages. There are only so many because everything is very detailed with lots of photos, so even wallet newbies can follow along easily. Advanced sewers can just sew by pictures and read up if something is unclear and skip the rest of the pages. Beginners, on the other hand, might miss these pages. So everyone has the chance to sew this patterns.
Difficulty: 3 of 5 – Working time: about 3-6 hours
The sewing instructions contain more than 250 photos where I show you, step by step, how to sew the mini zip-around wallet „Mini Mynta“ by Hansedelli in about 3-6 hours.
Mini Mynta measures approx. H 9cm (3 1/2″) x W 11cm (4 3/8″). It is ideal as a small wallet for parties or vacation, or as a child’s wallet. Mini Mynta is designed in a modern, geometrical design, but you can also make the exterior without contrasting fabric as a „one-piece exterior“.
The stabiliser is inserted at the very end, therefore turning your wallet right side out is very easy. Mini Mynta completes the „Mynta-Trio“, so you can now sew your very own wallet for every occasion.
Mini Mynta is closed with a zipper, so that everything is safely stored. I recommend using a non-lock slider rather than an auto-lock slider, as it can also be moved easily from the inside/back (without having to pull the handle). I also show you how to sew integrated zip tabs on this wallet.
Mini Mynta has a very minimalist interior. There are 4 card slots (which can be omitted, e.g. for the child’s wallet), 1 banknote compartment (suitable for notes folded once) and a wide-opening coin compartment for easy access to coins. The accordion gussets hold the wallet together and ensure that nothing falls out at the sides. There is room in between to keep receipts or other slips of paper.
For the lining you should use a lightweight cotton fabric (max. 135g/sqm or 4 oz/yd2 – e.g. poplin, cotton satin, thin quilting cotton)! Otherwise the wallet will be too thick and therefore unusable.
©2021 All rights are reserved by Lisa Kienzle – Hansedelli. This English e-book and the corresponding pattern pieces are protected by copyright. Sharing, exchange, copy or publication (even in part) are expressly prohibited. The information in this e-book has been carefully checked. No liability is assumed for any errors in the instructions. This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities (means unique pieces) only. If you do use this pattern to produce items for sale, please include the following information: "This wallet was made using the pattern Mini Mynta by Hansedelli".
What others have made
Even as a child I always wanted to look behind things and know how they work. I never wanted to become a teacher or a veterinarian like the other children, but always an inventor. So with the foundation of my label Hansedelli in April 2014 I fulfilled a childhood dream, because as a designer you are somehow an inventor :-)
As Hansedelli I design patterns for bags, purses and co. and create sewing instructions. I attach a lot of importance to detailed instructions and good photos, so that even beginners can follow the instructions. Visit me on Facebook www.facebook.com/hansedelli or on my website www.hansedelli.de