Winter is coming – and to make snowman building even more fun, you need warm and colourful mittens! Made of robust yarn from a wool mill in Donegal, Ireland, the mittens DANTE perfectly match my hats of the same name. Of course you can use oter yarns with the same gauge. And if it's not matching. seasoned knitters will know what to do: Just go one size up or down!
GAUGE: 17 stitches x 26 rows = 10 x 10 cm
- Pattern for mittens in five sizes, ranging from kid‘s to men‘s size – well, the biggest size might be fine for your avarage grizzly bear, but as I tested the size anyway, I threw it in. You never know if you ever come across a grizzly with really cold paws and might have to bribe your way out ;-)
- Step-by-step instruction with pictures for piping, 3-needle bind-off and other more elabore techniques you will need
Materials you need at home:
- ORIGINAL YARN Donegal Yarns Aran Tweed Knitting Wool from Kilcar in Donegal, Ireland, 100 % wool, LL 160 m/100 g (80 m/50 g) Order here: ww.commodum.ie or at Ebay.
- Colour 1: 55-60-65-80-100 g
- Colour 2: 20-25-25-25-30 g
Pipe band colour: 15-15-15-18-20 g
Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran, LL 88 m/50 g
Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed, LL 175 m/100 g
Katia Scotch Tweed, LL 95 m/50 g
Set of double pointed needles, circular needle, crochet hook, all in 4,0 mm
Darning needle, scissors
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)