Use a textured moss stitch to knit a cuddly sheep and their little lamb. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, both toys are knitted in aran/worsted weight wool blend yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions and photos to help you make the 2 sheep
- A materials list and recommended yarns
- Measurements are in metric
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Aran yarns (worsted weight) in brown and cream; less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.