Introducing Moss the Sheep which is knitted using moss stitch. This knitting pattern includes instructions to knit both the large and small sheep. The big sheep is 12 cm tall, and the little sheep 5 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions and photos to help you make the 2 sheep
- A materials list and recommended yarns
- Measurements are in metric
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Aran yarns (worsted weight) in brown and cream; less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.