Russet-red fur, pointed ears and a bushy tail make the fox unmistakable. Foxes are present in most of our woods, but your best chance of seeing one may well be in a town or city or on this Mr. Fox Pillow.
A striking and fun cushion to knit in Aran or Worsted (10 ply) yarn for your favourite chair or sofa. The knitting pattern gives full instructions and there are clear, large charts to follow for knitting Mr. Fox
Suggestions for yarns and links to suppliers are given in the knitting pattern. Tension 18 stitches and 24 rows to 4 inches (10 cm) over stocking stitch on 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
The cushion is knitted in one piece and the back has a four button opening for easy removal of the cover for washing. Add some lovely buttons to add interest to the back of the cushion.
If you already have Aran/Worsted yarns (10 ply) these could be used as long as they match the gauge as above. Change the background colour to knit a unique cushion for your home or knit as a gift for someone special.
- The pillow measures 40 cm x 40 cm (16in x 16in)
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Fox
Materials you need at home:
- 2 -100 gram balls – Background Colour, 10 ply (Aran/Worsted)
- 1 - 150 gram ball - Orange, 10 ply (Aran/Worsted)
- 1 - 25 gram ball - Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake Chunky – Milky White (630)
- Small amount of Black, 10 ply (Aran/Worsted)
- Knitting Needles: 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - US6), 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
- 4 buttons
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.