Mr Foxington is taking a walk around the countryside. His garter stitch scarf is the perfect fashion accessory; you could even knit a matching one for his human owner! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the fox is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). The fox pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the snout and duplicate stitch embroidery (Swiss darning) for the ears. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the fox and scarf plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4) to knit the fox
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6) to knit the scarf
- DK acrylic yarn (light worsted weight / 8 ply)
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
- Black waste yarn to embroider the nose
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.