The Mr Punch Tea Cosy Knitting Pattern is a bright and cheerful tea cosy that features Mr Punch and the crocodile and a string of sausages.
The main part of the Mr Punch tea cosy is blue and the white scallop edging is a nod towards its theatrical origins, after all the puppet show is a stage with a curtain.
The Mr Punch and the crocodile can also be knitted up as toys. Mr Punch works out to be about 38cm tall, and about 8cm wide and the Crocodile stands 7cm heigh and is 29cm from nose to tail. When you buy the pattern to make the tea cosy, you will also be given the changes to make the dolls as separate items.
The Mr Punch pattern is a long one at 10 pages long, so it's a great project to get stuck into. The pattern also includes a photo demonstration of how to make pompoms on forks as well as the tassel for Mr Punch's hat.
The Mr Punch tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting it very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Mr Punch tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- photo demonstration of how to make pompoms on forks
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles, , *45g Stylecraft Special DK Aster,
- 24g Stylecraft Special DK Lipstick,
- 21g Stylecraft Special DK Kelly Green,
- 19g Stylecraft Special DK White,
- 15g Stylecraft Special DK Citron, , *12g Hayfield Bonus DK Flesh Tone,
- 11g Stylecraft Special DK Black,
- 1g Stylecraft Special DK Pomegranate,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.