Mr Snowman will brighten up cold winter days, and he won’t melt! This cuddly chap is dressed in a hat and scarf, and the pattern gives you two options for the nose so you can choose your favourite: a pointy carrot or a round potato (as in the photo). Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the snowman is knitted in acrylic DK yarns. Most pieces are worked flat (back and forth) on single pointed knitting needles, not in the round. DPNs are used to work i-cord tube pieces for the arms. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the snowman with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 18cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs (US 6)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.