Introducing Mr Snowman with his hat and scarf. The snowman is approximately 18 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The arms are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. You have the option to make the potato nose (in brown as pictured) or a carrot nose.
- Instructions for making the snowman with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm DPNs (US 6)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.