The music man tea cosy plays his keyboard as he keeps the teapot hot. Dressed in a dark grey jacket he has a bit of a reseeding hair line and long piano fingers.
The music man tea cosy is quite easy to make with help and guidance in the pattern. You will need to knit icords but this is full explained of how to do it.
Does the last photo of the music man remind you of anyone?
If you love Elton John the music man tea cosy can easily be made to look like Elton by simply changing the colours you knit with and by adding over the top glasses. Glasses pattern included at the end of the music man pattern.
More tea? - You Hum it and I'll play it!
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Double Pointed Needles,
- 50g Dark grey double knitting wool
- 20g Brown double knitting wool
- 20g Flesh double knitting wool
- Small amount of white and light grey double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.