This pattern makes Nanuk, polar bear and his little penguin chum.
Nanuk stands approx. 10 inches tall (25cm). He is five way jointed with an inset muzzle to create his nose.
His little chum is approx. 3 inches high and a very simple little huggable for your bear : )
Instructions take you through every stage from cutting out to finishing touches, in step by step format.
Should be suitable for all levels of sewing ability, but previous experience with teds or soft toys will be useful.
- Plenty of photos and illustrations for reference
- Plenty of reference photos and illustrations
- includes easy to sew penguin chum
Materials you need at home:
- Fat 1/8th metre white polar bear fur
- 15cm square piece of felt/fabric for paws
- 6mm Black glass eyes (safety eyes can be used)
- 5 x 18mm cotter pin or safety joints
- Black and blue embroidery threads
- Strong thread (upholstery thread is good)
- Suitable toy stuffing (250g bag is plenty)
- Optional: Fur or felt for penguin (both black and white) 30cm squares
- Optional: 2mm or 3mm black beads for penguin eyes
- Optional: Tiny piece of yellow or orange felt for penguin beak
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x