This listing is for a .pdf instant download of a plush sewing pattern, made to look like a tiny handheld narwhal. It features a small round body with side fins, back fins, and a spiral horn.
› Difficulty: CONFIDENT BEGINNER (2/10 stars) › Skills used: Fusible web applique, basting, darts, sewing small pieces, gathering stitch, ladder stitch › Finished size: 4" wide (6" including fins), 6" long, and 3½" tall (4" including horn) › 14 pages › Over 30 full-color photos & illustrations
- Photographed sewing instructions
- US Imperial Measurements
- Full-size, ready-to-print pattern with seam allowances
- Illustrated basic techniques
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 9" x 16" or 1/4 yd. of plush fabric for main body
- 9" x 10" or 1/4 yd. of plush accent fabric for belly & horn
- 2" x 2" piece of black applique fabric for eyes
- 1" x 1" piece of white applique fabric for eye shines OR use white fabric paint
- 3" x 3" piece of light or heavy duty fusible web
- Matching sewing thread
- Basic sewing tools (sewing machine, scissors, iron, ironing board, needles, pins, fabric marker, seam ripper, point turner or chopstick)
My name is Choly Knight, and I've been sewing for over 15 years and written over 13 craft books. The adorable style of cosplay, Harajuku, & gothic lolita got me started and continues to inspire me to this day.